Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Deficit Strategy?
- Your tracked domain is the website you want tuning recommendations for.
- Your competitors are the websites you want to tune against. Tuning recommendation only come from selected competitors.
- Deficit Strategy is how that tuning advice should be calculated:
- Maximum = the maximum factor measurement from the selected competitors.
- Average = the average factor measurement from the selected competitors.
- 1 STDEV = 1 standard deviation beyond the the mean of the selected competitors
- 1.5 STDEV = 1.5 standard deviation beyond the the mean of the selected competitors
- 2 STDEV = 2 standard deviation beyond the the mean of the selected competitors
- "include Page 1 Average" means "Whatever you selected above or the Page 1 Average... whichever is larger"
- "include Shared Average" means "Whatever you selected above or the Shared Average... whichever is larger"
- So when the road map say to "Add 4 more." it is based on the measurements of your chosen competitors and your deficit strategy.
How was the Practical Maximum Defined in Cora 4.82?
- "Maximum" selected
- check "include Page 1 Average"
- Search results #1-3 checked as competitors
How will I know when there is an update?
For Cora and orange "Update" button will appear in the Cora toolbar.
You can also visit https://seotoollab.com/install.php to check manually.
Currently you have to check manually for the Cora Tools.
What does "include Shared Average do"?
It changes the tuning recommendations to be whatever you have selected or the Page 1 Average from the Cora Shared Data, whichever is larger (shared data comes from over 10000 shared cora reports and growing).
Including the shared average largely only effects low competition keywords where not much correlates. High competition keywords are largely tuned more aggressively than the shared averages.
How many competitors should I use?
Practical maximum from Cora 4.82 only used the top 3 results as competitors... If you are #2 you might only want to use #1. If you are #47 you might want to use 15 of the top 20... depends on your situation.
Privacy - Terms of Service - Contact - Copyright 2019 SEOToolLab.com, All Rights Reserved.